The mission of Ankeny Preschool, a partnership of school staff, parents and community, is to prepare students to be lifelong learners who can become successful, productive future citizens. This will be accomplished by recognizing the value of each individual and promoting academic and personal growth in a challenging and caring environment.
- Student learning is the most important element of our society.
- Students learn best in a safe and caring environment.
- Innovative learning activities and various teaching strategies enhance learning.
- Respect for diversity develops tolerance within the school and our society.
- Effective learning produces life-long skills.
- Leaders never lose sight of best practice.
- Teaching the importance of citizenship benefits the school and the community.
- Memorable and enjoyable activities foster learning.
- School, home, and community cooperation facilitates and reinforces learning.
Goals for children:
- Children will show competence in social/emotional, physical, cognitive, and language development skills.
- Children will be enthusiastic and curious learners.
- Children will be safe and healthy.
Goals for families:
- Families will feel welcome in the classroom and school.
- Families will work with the school in a meaningful partnership to help their child learn school readiness skills.
- Families will advocate for their children.